Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel, Avaya, Mitel, or Samsung?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agarm

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
US
I am in the middle of an RFP, and we are selecting finalists this week. So far my picks are from the following 4 systems:

- Nortel Option 11c

- AVAYA IP Office 412

- Samsung iDCS 500? (I'm recalling from memory forgive me)

- Mitel SX2000

We have around 160 extensions with no remote offices, and a 20 person call center. Pretty simple setup, but we want options to more advanced features if the need arises. Can you guys please respond with thoughts (good or bad) about the systems listed? It would give me some piece of mind about making my decision. I would really appreciate any input.

I've been told by vendors that the hybrid key systems have no problem growing past thier max ports because the systems can be tied together. I am curious about how well this works in real world situations, and if there are any pitfalls to this. From my research the full blown PBX's are better suited for growth, but I am thinking the Option 11c may be overkill for our small operation. I really cant see us EVER having more than 500+/- ports in use, and that's worst case scenario. Is the Option 11 worth the extra money? Or should I stick with the hybrid-key systems? Again thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back