Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel auxilary ringer using headset port

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsys

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2003
US
I have read several posts about this but need clarification if possible. I would like to connect an external powered ringer to the headset port of a m7208 set. Is this possible without some sort of digital device?

Ive done it plenty of times on the t7100, but it has a port with a picture of a speaker instead of a headset, and you go straight to a speaker, I usualy use valcom self amplified horns, and mount it above the phone in a warehouse setting.

M7100s are ideal, but it can be done with the headset port on the other M-series tels.

"Adversity is Opportunity

yes any nortel set (even the t series) can be hooked up to a self amped spkr
you connect to the headset jack (2nd pair) and you have the same ringing as comes through the sets spkr

just don't connect the 1st pair or else the set thinks a headset is plugged in

All Things Are Possible With Time And Lots And Lots of Money

mike

Thanks for the info everyone. Excuse my ignorance but which terminals are you refering to? I would guess the two center pins would be the 1st pair and the outer two would be the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back