Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel ACD selective recording and beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

NortelSlave

Programmer
Oct 16, 2007
US
We have genesys as our recording device but they can't provide beep tone to digital phone set. One of our department want to have seletive recording and beep tone on M2616 sets. Meaning these are multiple line appearance phones. But they only want say 2 lines on this phone to be recorded and has the beep tone during the recording. Genesys said they can't provide that. They said they either used hand device for the beep tone with the digital sets. or PBX provided the beep tones. I heard someone mentioned programming the phones as ACD with AST turned on to be able to do the beep and seletive recording. But we don't know the detailed programming and whether other hardware is needed. Does anyone have any experience on this? Thank you for your help.

Warning tone is an option on ACD queue, AST is the one or two keys your third party would want to acquire, if 0 was ACD and key 3 was DNB w/ 4 as a rollup or whatever. Your AST would be AST 00 03

key 0 and 3 would be 3rd party recorded, key 4 or any other would not. (on a witness system anyway)

Thank you very much for your posting.

We don't have any experience with this kind of AST setting. By turning on the AST feature, does it also give you selective recording? Right now if the phone is hardwired to the Genesys recording device, all the lines on the phone will be recorded. I I have 00 00, 00 01 programed, does that mean only these two line will be recorded and has beep tone during recording? I programmed AST with 00 00 on my phone as test, but I don't hear any beep tone. Is there anything else we need to do besides this? Does this involve any hardware additions? Thank you so much.

I do not know if setting OBTN on the ACD queue will help or not, it might only apply to an OBV key from a supervisor set. LD 23 on the ACDN will be a prompt
OBTN no, agt or all.

note: on wittness, it did a random record and was not hard wired thru the sets, it need AST, On VERINT, it is also hard wired and needs AST. If your hard wired and are getting recordings from everything, not sure what AST will do for you as far as, not recording all keys.

Thank you very much for your reply. One more clearification. It's the recording device vendor's responsibility to acquire the selected lines(they have to have selective recording capability), not something that the PBX or say AST can achieve, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back