Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelt55

Technical User
Jun 9, 2014
US
Need a solution for a school system that HAS phones in the classroom that they do not want to ring between the hours of 8am to 3pm but that internal calls to the classroom will ring the extension and phone will have dialtone.

Thanks all

Do you want the calls to go through and just flash during those times, or not get to the phones at all?

Not ring at all except for internal calls only DID calls to be routed to somewhere from those extensions in the classrooms.

Thank-you

They require DIDs on the classroom phones? Would (non-DID)system DNs programmed as SCNs work?

Yes I do have voice mail it is Octel 250

Thanks

Don't know Octel at all, is there somewhere you can put the DID number through it, with timers set up to allow calls through at specific times then transfer to none DID on the actual phone.

No unfortunately Octel can't do that unless the Teachers are willing to put the do not disturb code in daily and they simply do not want to do that but the night attendant used limiting calls during classroom hours may be a solution on the 81c. Can it be probrammed into the PBX and include multiple extensions?

Thanks much

They could always forward the phones when they went in to the class, not sure that the 81 has the kind of auto solution you are looking for.

Yea not a program and forget type of thing that they want but they may have to make some allowance for what can be accomplished as opposed to cut and dried this is the way we want things. Thanks for your help in this it is very much appreciated.

You need to implement Scheduled Access Restriction, it has a time of day control and the ability to block incoming DID calls. Used it once at a local school district, worked great.

Would a simple default ACD/SCN work?

Log in with any 4 digits---Set will ring on DID...but each DID would require it's own CDN/DFDN as well. (Receive up to 10 digits from carrier on DID...At least, 1 more than an internal extension DN range.)
Log out ---Set will not receive calls on DID.

---NON DID SCR appearance - DN range for Internal calls. Make the DN the last 4 digits of the DID number.

Key 01 - SCN XXXX
Key 00 - ACD InCALLS

(DIG - Intercom key will ring as well but if you have an 81, I expect more than 99 sets -- a two digit intercom number won't work in the multiple groups needed.)

KE407122

"The phone was working fine before it knocked over my coffee.

Thanks so much all for the great tips will try to implement and see what works will let you all know

I would use Day/Night IDC

In the feature books, it is called Incoming Digit Conversion

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Gordon, I only know that they are analog sets

I bow to a higher authority.

I assumed digital. I haven't seen many analog sets on a Meridian since SL100 sets. IDC would be far less programming.

(The only issue would be the exception of wanting the phone to ring on a DID call during the day.)

KE407122

Thanks again all that have helped in this. Unfortunately they did not want to use any of the suggestions and went back to their old system because we could not find a solution that exactly mirrored the existing system in all aspects.

In 35 years I have never installed a phone system that was better than the last one they had.

KE407122

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back