Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 2430 Multiprotocol Router 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scs6264

Vendor
Mar 2, 2006
US
Hello, is there anyone that can provide information on bonding two t-1's together on a 2430 Multiprotocol Router. I have searched Nortels Website and can find no information. I have done this many times on Cisco equipment, just need some direction on The Nortel. Thanks in advance for any information.

Yes, you would use MLPP.
There is a good tech guide for this that Nortel produced back in the late 1990s.
You can do it all from Site Manager.

If you don't have the doc, send me your addy, and I'll email it to you.

2430 router should also support ML-frame relay (multi link).
but i think, you might want to check out their new Tasman's routers.. they even support encryption over WAN-link (*too bad no compression like BayRS)..
you don't need SiteManager to configure it..
it saves you time considerably, configuring one of those Tasman routers compared to 2430 (BayRS)..

Actually the Bay RS router (including the 2430) do NOT support ML Frame Relay.
The Tasman do support both however.

I appreciate your responses. HungryHouse, since I do not have Nortel Site Manager; do you know of any information for programming this router by command line. My e-mail address is Shawn.c.smith@sprint.com if you have any pertinant information. Thanks again!!

Shawn,

Hey, I'm sorry, but I don't have a command line guide for MLPPP. Site Manager CD is only $200 list price. If you're going to be configuring any Nortel routers going forward its highly recommended. The part# on Site Manager= AP0000023-15.6

Thanks You so much for this information HunryHouse!! I will get the site manager and proceed from there.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back