Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 2033 low volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelRick

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2003
US
We are using a Nortel 2033 conference phone on a UCx20 system and the volume isn't loud enough. The volume buttons don't work to change the volume during a call and I don't see any way to boost the default volume. There was an old thread about this issue over a year ago but it didn't appear to have a solution. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

thread1812-1714038

We have a customer who had the same issues. They even tried another 2033. The end solution was to get a Yealink CP860 Conference Phone. It works great on the UCx and there is no volume issues. They didn't have to get the external microphones either.
We tested the CP860 and found no issues with working on the UCx.

Avaya Manufacturer Discontinued the 2033. (See below)

End of Sale Date- 1 December-2013

End of Manufacturer Support for SOFTWARE * 1-December-2014
End of Manufacturer Support for HARDWARE * 1-December-2014
Targeted End of Services Support 1-December-2017

I know this probably isn't what you wanted to see, but this is a viable resolution.
Have a blessed night!

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Thanks for the quick response. It's good to know the Yealink CP860 is an option. What's odd is that the UCx supports all the other features of the 2033 sets aside from controlling the volume. We have 3 rooms with the 2033's (all with the low volume issue) so hopefully there is a software solution instead of the need to purchase new phones. Thanks.

What is the version of firmware used in these 2033 phones? To check the firmware version, you can look for example at Reports - Extensions Overview.

All 3 of the 2033 phones are running firmware 2310S58. Thanks.

Upgrade the firmware to the build S77 (2310S77) and try again.

Actually, I know for sure that the latest firmware version 2310S99 allows volume control adjustments without any problems. So, if you're updating the firmware, pick up S99. The volume should work if you have S77 or newer.

Thanks so much ucxguy. I will update the firmware. The rest of the team will be thrilled to have a conference phone they can hear and adjust the volume on.

Found it searching 2310S99 Avaya support downloads.

Thanks, I updated our phone to 2310S99 today while I was taking care of some other issues. Still the same problem for us, no adjustment of audio.

I downloaded the firmware from the Avaya site but haven't installed it yet due to a crazy travel schedule this month. I will post my results with the volume issue and the 2310S99 firmware when I get it updated.

Keep an eye on this thread. We should have this volume issue addressed within a week or two.

I have upgraded our 2033 phones to firmware 2310S99 and there is still no volume control like others have experienced. Hopefully E-Metrotel will respond with a fix.

Our struggle has been to get a working 2033 in the lab to complete this development. I will push hard for a resolution by next week.

emtsupport

Due to the generosity of UCXNortel (vendor), we have a 2033 in our lab! Give us a coupleo fdays and we will have an update available that will allow oyu to adjust the volum eon these Speakerphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back