Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 2004 tftp server

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, I'd check if the network cable is inserted in the correct connector on the phone (it must be the network one, no the PC port). And if it is, it could be a bad network cable.

definatley connected to the network port and not PC - the phone wouldn't turn on otherwise. It worked fine until it downloaded this particular firmware

Once its converted to SIP it can then openly connect to TFTP"
Ok
I did find another guide here and it seems to indicate you need Transitional Firmware on the voice server and SIP Firmware on the TFTP server but I didn't read much more.

"The 11 and 12 series were different and could be changed from unistim via a TFTP"
Correct for both UnisTIM and SIP

"DHCP server unreachable"
DataService/DHCP/General/DHCPSetting make sure the correct choice is selected.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Yes the transitional firmware is sent from the MCS 5100 to the phone as it only connects via UFTP until fully converted to sip. So I guess not having access to the MCS 5100 rules that out lol. Yes as you say the 11 and 12 connected to tftp even in Unistim mode

"DataService/DHCP/General/DHCPSetting make sure the correct choice is selected"
Are those options within the phone's network settings. Currently I have it set to DHCP yes, DHCP partial, and have also tried it with DHCP off but no different.
If the firmware didn't apply to the phone properly would it limit functionality such as Connecting or something. From reading the 0604DAS readme there was bugs in this release. Might stop from connecting to a server to load another release

Cheers

Sorry, I forgot about the MCS 5100 already!
That is the setting on the BCM, I forgot about the MCS 5100 but maybe it has something similar:

BCM choices in Data Services
-Disabled
-Enabled: IP Phones Only
-Enabled: All Devices

Maybe also try the CS1000 forum for opinions as they have more traffic at the moment, best to through the link to here.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Cool I'll have a look at the bcm settings but if this only happened after the firmware changed to the 0604DAS firmware and the phone connected prior to this might it be an issue with the firmware load on the phone

I'll check out the CS1000 forum as well

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back