Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 11C Ground to Loop Start on Analog trunk card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

220S

Technical User
Mar 28, 2012
US
Is there any other load involved in changing a COT from ground to loop start other than LD 14? Telco is making the change to loop, in the central office.

Thanks

Why the change? Loop start trunks typically don't work very well in a Nortel PBX or any PBX for that matter.

Thanks, I thought LD 14 was the only load involved, but wanted to be sure. The customer is converting to a Mitel 3300 system which only supports loop start with out some expensive additional ground start option hardware. We are watching the trunks for any release problems until conversion.

Thanks again for the quick responce!
Dick

Are you going to be working on the 3300? It's a pretty good product but your customer is going to find out that Mitel will dollar them to death with all the little charges involved for all the individual licenses needed to do anything...

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE
Mitel 3300 4.2 basic & advanced, 5000 4.0

Has anyone experienced a problem with Nortel loop start trunks working with a slick 96 remote. We have had the Telco verify supervision settings, and have compared the 11C configuration to other sites we have that are now loop start and working fine.

These trunks work fine for a while, and then the CO loop becomes perminate as if, the PBX siezes the loop and the CO line times out leaving the line locked out. During this condition the PBX trunk is idle, and is accessed if an outgoing call is made, resulting in a no ring condition. Also the only way the condition can be cleared is to disable and re-enable the entire card.
Thnaks
Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back