Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 1150E ACD Phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techma2

Vendor
Mar 2, 2010
US
I have an IP Office R8.1 and I can successfully program a Nortel/Avaya 1120E 1140E 1220 1230 etc. They come and work and I can factory default them also using the code and mac address. The 1150E is a bit of a challenge. It tries to connect to the switch but the system .prv reading fails at boot up.

This is where the phones upgrade software and take on new language files etc. I can see that the phones are taking on ip addresses and I have programmed the provisioning to be the address of the IP office which is 192.168.42.1 I put all of the programming in manually but it then asks me to enter a value of "1,6,7" I have no idea where it wants me to enter that. So I have put the phones back onto auto programming and they still won't boot up.

Does anyone know if these phones are compatible with what I'm using?

Hey Techma2,

The 1150E phones are not supported on IP Office because only Unistim firmware was released for these ACD sets. Only SIP Firmware 1100/1200 IP phones will work on the IP Office and the 1110, 1150E are not supported with SIP Firmware as Avaya is phasing these models out. So you won't be able to use an 1150E on the IP Office. They will only be fully supported on the CS1000 but will work on a BCM (as an 1140E) and work on the UCx from E-MetroTel.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

Thank you Joseph!! You just save me tons of wasted time. [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back