Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 1140E Voicemail Softkey won't function

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyMetalSmith

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2010
US
I've set Key 16 for Message Waiting.. and our Callpilot extension.. reviewed all the settings and matched them up to phones that work fine.. still no function on the softkey, I tried switching out the phone with one that works.. still no function.. I'm baffled.. anyone?

I think,it works only on M39XX Sets not on 1140.

Meridian, Callpilot, CCM (Symposium) from Germany

It works on 1140s.

What happens when you assign an autodial key to the set for the voicemail, does that work?

When you assign MWK 4 XXXX to key 16, it only works after they press a key to get DT, I E, press key 00, then press Mailbox and it should dial the voicemail DN.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

You do have CLS MWA set? I believe it is required for the MWK to be defined.

Oh yeah...I forgot about allowing it under CLS...lol

NCSS NCTS NCTE

cls unrestricted
mwa allowed
key 16 assigned to mwk with the dn for the callpilot..
wtf??
all my other users with the exact same settings and phones work fine..

swap that phone with another phone that works to make sure you don't have a bad message button

NCSS NCTS NCTE

still no function on the softkey" What softkey?

First test that you can leave a message with the DN for that phone and the red message waiting light is lit.

Hit the DN key then the number that you have programmed against the key 16 to make sure you can actually reach the voice mail system.

Hit the DN key then the "Inbox" key and see if you can reach the voice mail system.

So I have checked it in my Lab

Rel 4.5 softkeys does not work
Rel 5.0/5.5/6.0 it works!

Meridian, Callpilot, CCM (Symposium) from Germany

FYI
"Context Sensitive Soft Keys" for IP Phones was added in CS 1000 5.0. It is that feature which is providing the CallPilot-oriented soft keys as well as different soft keys depending upon whether the IP Phone is idle, busy,... There is no class of service to enable it (always on) and it also has no reliance on the firmware version running on the IP Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back