Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 1140E Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetoes

Technical User
Feb 20, 2003
US
I have a CS1000 with rel 5.5 and we use the 1140E phones. Our system was installed in Aug of 08 and the 500+ 1140E phones were installed then as well. The mfg date of the phones are 8/08 and for the past 6 months I have had over 50 phones go bad. Most of them are the lower buttons, handsfree, # sign, 9 key, 0 key. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a known defect? I know Nortel is gone, but was wondering if there was any kind of recall.

Are there any grounding or power issues at the site? We have deployed thousands of 1140 and no big batch of defects in the last 3 years.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

No power issues that I know of. We have been in this building over 2 years. Being all the same problem I thought it was a mfg defect.

Is anyone spraying cleaning products on the phone? Just saying that seems strange that it is just the lower keys - almost like something is running down the keys and collects at the bottom.
We had a cleaning person doing our phone screens and they were getting hazy so the manager finally figured out who was doing it.

No, all they do is pick up garbage. I have the same thing happen to phones where the cleaning staff has no access.

Maybe we both got bad batches of phones cuz our system was installed Feb 08 and about 350 IP phones and 400 Digital. We have had our 1140s fail after getting unplugged (they won't boot up again) so we are trying to figure out why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back