Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar with PRI and Loop trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mksanchez

Programmer
Aug 7, 2006
MX

Hi , i have a customer with a Nortar 0x32 with a PRI lines ,now the customer wants add 2 cooper lines (Loop)i make the instalation in the dmark and programming the pool line, etc. now when i take one of this lines i have dial tone, but when i dial any digit the line continue with the dial note , like i no dial any number , i test the line out of the system and works fine (the 2 , make and recieve calls) i change the cartridge of trunks and do the same ,

The system runs in the Profile 2 , the PRI lines works fine , the problem is with the loop trunks.

Thanks for your help.

Are they ground or loop start lines.How are you testing out of the system are you using a test set with a ground wire. Groung start will not work on a Norstar.

If the CO is set up for pulse dial and you system is tone dial,you will have this problem.

the trunks are loop , no ground trunks ,(2 pair) i make calls with the test set and works fine ,

and the trunks dial in dtmf , also i try put in pulse in the norstar programing and past the same.

Curious no??

There is nothing in programming that should not let you brake dial tone. Each card has 4 ports do all the ports do the same thing if they do the card could be bad.

If you have changed the trunk card and moved to another port then that leaves your jumper or trunk cable.Make sure your trunk cable is seated good and not cocked out from the bottom. Check your color code ,some cables it is easy to mix the o/w and br/w colors.
Cook said there was nothing in programming that will cause your problem. I can think of only one .In setting up line pool if you have a unused port programmed in you will have no dial tone if you get the unused line port, but if you are testing this with line apperance on a phone you can tell if the port is correct.

Ken

Thanks for your answers , i change the profile of the norstar , to profile 1 , the loop trunks works fine now, but the PRI line don't works , because in the harware section not appear the PRI option , to assing the card ,

Some idea ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back