Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar System Reset Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pst133ox

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2007
US
Hi.

I'm relatively new to the world of getting headaches trying to solve phone problems. I've got what has been described to me as a Nortel MICS system. Recently multiple users in my building have been experiencing the same issue.

While they are in the middle of a call- the connection will drop. The display on the phone ( this kind.) flashes in the way it does when you unplug the phone and plug it in. This happens multiple times a day. My phone system is running something before version 7.0 (feature ** config = 30nCG20 NAT)(my voicemail system (is this referred to as CCR?) is running 1.7)

We thought this might've been an issue due to losing our UPS on the unit. We replaced this and made sure the power outlet we were using was OK.
I'm not really sure where to go from here.
I guess the newer version of the MICS system is not interchangeable with our voicemail system version?

If anyone has any info that would be GREAT

jpanzer- JK cable is infamous for picking up EMI, too. That's why we always use Cat3 or better for wiring.

Probably easier for you to just cut the second pair off the jack and see if you still have the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back