Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar remote utilities 9.0 - change extension Number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmac60

Technical User
Jan 14, 2003
US
I have Remote Utilities 9.0. I temporarily want to move a phone to another office with an existing extension (remodeling Office).

Would like to change the extension number at the temp location to match that of the old office.

Is there a way to do that in Remote utilities?

John

yep, highlight system programing and change dn shows up in the widow on the right. click change dn and enter old dn and new dn.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

Just to make sure I understand this process..

I want to move ext 216 to where ext 218 is located.

in old dn I type 216

in new dn I type 218

Does this just flip flop those ports and then do the reverse when I want to switch it back?

John

Ok.. I'm going to need more specifics. The above method did not change ports.

Old DN = 216
New DN = 218

I typed 216 in the old DN and 218 in the new DN and clicked update.. it said updating then said I had to close the browser to reload the tree. Plugged the 216 ext in to the 218 port. it is still ext 218.

I must be missing a step.

Thanks..

John

try using the set programming tool not browser

If i lived in colorado i would be skiing already.But i dont so its a long 4 weeks till opening day.

It's better if you just turn on SET RELOCATION to Y and just move the sets.
Put the sets back where they were before you change this setting, change the setting to Y then go ahead and move the sets.

What you were asked to do is done if you did not want to physicaly move the sets.

Ok..

Set relocation did the trick

Thanks..

John

Another note,, you do know changing the DN will not change the Target line appearance... Set relocation was a good recommendation.

Changing DN's under system programming will not reverse the ports on the telephone frame. It will change the DN number of the two sets.

The easiest way is to either use set relocate or with set relocate off, move and re punch down the particular cross
connects.

BTW NRU 9.0 will not backup/restore 6.0 & higher software. It will also not work too well with the old DR5 platform (8X24, 6X16, 3X8)

There are only 2 seasons in Canada, Golf and Snowmobile season.

set relocate is easy then turn it of after words or your wiring will be a mess or it wont match your records...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back