Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Polycom Phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DScot

Technical User
Apr 14, 2007
US
Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong. I replaced a T7100 with a Norstar Polycom Audion Conf Unit. It works just fine, I have 2 IC's assigned, Prime Line set to IC and NO to HF Answerback. However, when I'm on a call and want to transfer or conference, and press the feature button and then let's say 3, I hear a fault tone. Do I have to do something to get the conference/transfer feature to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bummer. I thought the Norstar Audio Conferencing Unit was a step above the normal analog/digital Polycom phones. This Polycom has a Feature button on it and in all the advertising I saw about it, stated users could use any Norstar feature with this phone. HELP.

MitelGuy - I appreciate your assistance. I'm still dumbfounded by the fact that the NACU can't conference. It's a conferencing phone after all. I did some surfing and every site states that it can, for instance, take a look at these sites.

I mut be missing something. It doesn't seem to be able to do any features. I'm going to go back to the site and see if I can do a F981 and reach voice mail and other features to try and make sure the feature button is working. I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING, or there's a lot of false advertising going on.

MitelGuy,

My strong suit is with Nortel Meridian Option 11-81C, Meridian Mail, MAX/CCR and the entire line of phones. If you ever need asistance on this stuff - just drop an email. Thanks for the help.

DScot,
you CAN make conference calls with the polycom unit. (You can even do it with the analog model, it's just a pain)

Make sure that that old 7100 set didn't have a restriction on doing conference calls or just features in general. (Under capailities / Set Abilities)

I always have a hard time getting it going, (for some reason) but then I write it out step by step and ptouch it to the polycom.

To conference a call for example, you need to first initiate your OTHER call before hitting Feature 3. (Sorry but can't remember how, maybe a link (feature 71) then get line, dial number and feature 3)

You shouldn't get that Busy tone when you try and transfer a call from the conference phone. Hitting Feature 70, and dialing the extention number SHOULD work. If you get that tone, check that the set isn't restricted from doing feature codes. (like I said above)

DigialMind: Pleasee indicate what the steps are to complete a 3-way conference call. It would be good for all of us to know this.

To make a conf call,first make a call, press feature 2, you get new dialtone, make second call, press feature *3. You now have a conference. These steps are in the user guide that comes with the unit.

When in doubt RTFM (read the friggin manual)

phoneguy427 you are refering to a analog conf. phone. I know that the NACU can make conf. calls because for one thing I have done this before in the past and think about it something has to be wrong cause that it what the unit is for (conf. calls)

Thanks Everyone, except for PhoneGuy424 he's a bit rude and arrogant. If I received a manual with the unit, I wouldn't have had to ask for help.

I purchased a refurbished and saved $200. Anyway, after searching for several days, I finally found an on-line guide at:

Now everyone has the manual. Thanks again for those who have replied with respect and dignity.

once u figure out the EXACT steps, maybe u can let Mitelguy know. I would post it step by step, but don't have access to a polycom unit right now. Eitherway, it CAN be done.

Also, I realize it may seem rude if you don't know this, but that "when in doubt RTFM" is phoneguy427's automatic signature that gets added to ALL his posts. It's just a joke. :)

I was told that only the polycom's that say Norstar will work properly with a Norstar system........ but i recently saw polycom different version/model did not say Norstar on it anywhere and it was also working with a Norstar. The non Norstar ones may work differently or a feature or 2 may not work. I guess we all should read a friggin manual. ~lol~ :) This is all good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back