Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar NT7856FA-93 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don4455

Technical User
Mar 15, 2006
US
I have a Norstar NT7856FA-93 currently managing 5 lines.
I think it can handle 8 lines.

What do I need to know to add the 3 additional lines?

We have Nortel T7208 & T7316E phones.

What is a line pool and how do I set one up?

Thanks,

Don4455

Hey Don,
Most of us don't carry old part numbers around in our heads. Check the cabinet out and see if it has any distingushing numbers on it. Open the cabinet door ... what do you see in there.

As for a line pool .... its a group of lines "pooled" together for outbound dialing.

How to setup a line pool depends on the system software release.

HTH!

SD

You can go to each line to assign it to line pool A, B, or C. Norstar limited to three line pools and pool A must exist. I wish Norstar allowing assign more line pools, since even allowing each line as its own pool, there max can be 8 pools for Norstar system. But all current firmware only allowing three line pools, A, B, and C.

Geez cain12,
Don't know what version of Norstar you're running, but the latest release allows a lot more than 3, and you were never required to have lines programmed to pool A.

Maybe its a country based limitation.

SD

Hes talking about a CICS. They only have pools A B & C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back