Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar NRU - Any Version? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdiross

Technical User
Oct 23, 2006
US
My company just upgraded our computers from XP to 7.

I've always had version 9 on my computer since I started here.

Now that I've been upgraded, nobody seems to know where the NRU install files are. I've logged into Nortels site, searched NRU, Norstar Remote Utilities, Norstar Remote Tools.....etc. I found this page:

But where the download link is, it states:

"This content is no longer available on the Technical Support web site"

Can anybody help? I need this to support our Legacy MIC and CICS systems in the field, remotely.

Thank you

Hi Hawks,

I just registered there, too. Is the software utility name the same? It too does not come up in the search under anything I posted above.

Thank you

Try here:

I got the following form the NRU 11 read me, I’m not sure if Avaya has done anything to get it to work windows 7 since the Norstar Platform if going away.

"Norstar ICS Remote Tools software can be used with Windows® NT, Windows® 95, Windows® 98, Windows® 2000, Windows® Me or Windows® XP."

These sites are friggin killing me. I registered with Avaya's "download" site, and it tells me my registration email is no good.

So I registered with Avaya's help community to find out why my registration authentication won't work.

Nobody replies....... :(

Why is it so hard to download free software?

Something seriously wrong with Avaya's site. Very un-user friendly.

Anyway, after a zillion attempts, I finally downloaded both the zip package and the ISO which I'm saving directly on the network share immediately.

Thanks for everybody's help!

Update.....

Took all day to finally get NRU 10.

Not compatible with Windows 7.

Does anybody have any other ideas for remote admin on MICS and CICS?

Nobody in engineering ever thought to ask me about my programs before switching my pc.

Do like me and get another machine (or laptop) with XP. Don't think they are going to come out with a NRU thats compatible with 7.

Ok, Guess I have no choice. Thanks guys.

You can go to microsofts site and download the virtual pc with the xp os on it. That's what I did on my (don't laugh) vista machine and it works perfect.

Hi David, thanks. I've sent you a linked in request and request for the version you're talking about.

Thank you

I registered with Avaya's "download" site, and it tells me my registration email is no good."

Same!
Frustrating.....I have signed up 3 accounts and all 3 passwords not working but when clicking "forgot password" it does not recognize all 3 emails.

I am with Hawks, get the XP mode and install NRU on it...works fine for me.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Ok, discussed with Engineering. Going the XP Mode route.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back