Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar NAM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kkress4

Technical User
Sep 12, 2007
US
Ive got my NAM working that i bought from eBay and now i need to just wipe it out. i don't have any passwords i don't even know where to start. i started at feature 983 but couldn't get past.

Well on my own i have figured out how to get into it.

This might be to big of a question but i cant seem to understand the directions.

How would i set it up to. Answer.. ask the caller if they know their parties extension press 9 to answer it or stay on the line to be connected to an operator?

Going thru the menu and instructions was to difficult is their a simpler way?

your right but i wish i had the money. one more question to try to avoid paying out my nose for assistance. would programing it via laptop connection be easier? or am i still doomed to hire help?

i find it easier to program thru telset but then again i come from a Norstar background.

Hooking a laptop to a NAM to program is more hassle than it's worth. That'd be different if you had a CP.

General Overview- Under f983, AA, Lines, select the lines you want aa to answer, and assign them to be answered by a table. AA, Tables- Assign greeting 1 for all selections, and your attendant's extension. Record your greeting in greeting 1. F982- Assign "answer lines" to Y, attendant available to Y, and make sure your attendant's extension is entered there.

You should be done.

If this isn't working for you, I'd definitely call a vendor. It probably won't be as expensive as you fear, and you can blame them if it doesn't work the way you want it to.

Thanks for the excellent answer! ill try that and see what i can do. just from playing around Ive set up voice mail boxes for each of my extensions, May be simple but this is coming from someone who never has set up a Nam before. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back