Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar nam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kkress4

Technical User
Sep 12, 2007
US
Heres my issue. I only have Dr4 in my 824.. and i acquired a nam and i have no idea what the previous owner had and i know they wont downgrade. i know you need at least dr5. Not knowing that in case the previous person had a higher software is their any way to get it back so it would work?

It doesn't really matter what software level the NAM was previously connected to. You need to do a reinstall to the NAM and wipe out all the old data and verify that the 8x24 that you have is a DS cabinet if it's not i wouldn't even recommend connecting a vmail to it, if it is a DS cabinet then simply upgrade to dr5,dr5.1 and i just thought of another possible issue is this a copper or fiber NAM?

Yes its a DS and yes the Nam is 4 port copper model 6.
and does anyone know the best place to get Dr5 from? ive been looking around and everything is way over priced.

I have had luck with ebay.. I recently found a data module and DR5 software for $75, probably overpaid but it solved my need..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back