Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar NAM Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTI620

Vendor
Oct 20, 2003
US
I have Norstar NAM voice mail that is playing a strange greeting that someone recorded. I have checked the following greetings and can't find the recording:

Gen Delivery Mailbox 1000
CCR Tree's
Greeting's 1 thru 8

The only time this happens is when a call goes to a mailbox that has not been intialized.

Anyone have any ideas??

there is a prompt that can be custom recorded in the AA besides the main greeting

AA menu prompt- if set to Y in the answering table, the you get the canned "if you know the ext of the person you are calling...".

If you change it to N, then you'll need to record something there. It sounds like that's what's been done.

lugerlover:

Do you know how to access this message so that I can either delete it or change it?

See rikrogers post

"AA menu prompt- if set to Y in the answering table, the you get the canned "if you know the ext of the person you are calling...".

If you change it to N, then you'll need to record something there. It sounds like that's what's been done. "

y I believe you can record silence after the beep and press "ok" to not hear anything after the ccr greeting

Eric Johnson
Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back