Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Modual ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1p2000

Instructor
Apr 13, 2010
US
Hi there,
We have 6/32 system everything was working ok but suddenly when you hid line 5 or 6 you just hear click sound and there is no dial tone!othere lines work OK! If you call from outside it just rings also we checked with the phone company we the good line up to the D mark! So what could cause the problem?

***is it normal the first slide 1-2 is empty and 3 and 4 has gatc2 clid

Thanks

try and reseat cards...first power down ..reseat then power up
If still issue power down and swap cards to see if it folows card or card slot
if it follows cARD you can try to use last 2 ports or get new card
if it still on the first 2 ports on 2nd card its the ksu

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

Line card may have went bad or be hosed up.I would power down the system and frog the cards in 3 and 4 slots and see if problem clears or moves to lines 1 and 2. if problem moves to lines 1&2 the replace the card in slot 4.

if problem is still there then start checking your wiring

T.R.
RCDD

there may not be any stupid questions
but their is a bunch of inquizative idiots
(myself included at times)

great minds post alike,said the same thing at almost the same time.

T.R.
RCDD

there may not be any stupid questions
but their is a bunch of inquizative idiots
(myself included at times)

To shed some light on the last posts, each card provides support for 4 lines (CO's) each. If line 1-4 are working as advertised, and kubes 5&6 are not, then the second line card is probably at issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back