Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS PRI calls got to x221, not the assigned ext

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPinsocal

Vendor
Dec 4, 2012
US
My PRI is up and running, I can make outgoing calls. My problem is all of my inbound calls are ringing the recpt at 221.
I have created the Target line and assigned the recvd digits as 4. I then go to the ext and assign the Target line and tell it to ring the associated ext. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

Are you sure your telcom vendor is sending 4 digits?

Assuming you are receiving four digits from your carrier, assign those 4 digits to each target line. Any incoming
calls NOT assigned to a target line, will default to ext 221. (This isn't true for the Comcast carrier but is true
for the traditional LEC's.)

What is the update? presume its fixed by now?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

My apologies, I thought I had replied the next day. It was 3 digits being sent not 4. Thanks again to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back