Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS - Passing Caller ID when transferring a call on PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipolmans

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2013
CA
Good Morning Tek-Tips,

I hope everyone is keeping well!

I have a client on a MICS with PRI and are hoping to be able to transfer a call to outside sales staff with the caller ID of the person who has called in as opposed to the companies caller ID which is what shows now. In my mind Release Line Trunking was the right solution, I thought this would work just like a link transfer but so far my tech's have had no luck and are now telling me it is not possible.

Before I start looking at a different solution, has anyone here been able to use release line trunking on a MICS and have the call bridge in the CO thus passing caller ID of the calling party?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Its not like a link transfer, its a conference so it is not possible since its a call in and a call out.
PRI does not support link.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

OK, so I guess that would mean that Release Line Trunking is completely useless on a Norstar MICS as the call can never be released from the PBX after transferred , do I understand correctly?

I think it's called PRI Two B-Channel Transfer (TBCT) I've tried it in the past but I've never got it to work.

No!

Linking of RLT is a feature on POT's lines(depending on the service/feature/package provided by your carrier)

All the PBX can do is initiate the Hook Flash (Link) which is what the carrier would want you to do.

Again PRI does not support Linking (RLT).

So tell your customer sorry PRI does not support RLT

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

You should actually check with their PRI carrier, you never know when they add features sometimes.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I am both the carrier and the Interconnect on this one and yes RLT is indeed supported on PRI, has been for quite some time (at least for Allstream) that said what I was never able to accomplish was the release from the PBX, Allstream repair told me they were not seeing the signal coming from the PBX (disconnect supervision or something along those lines). so that's my question, I know it works on Avaya IP Office, but is there a feature on MICS to send the disconnect signal, allowing RLT to work properly?

And TBCT is used for linking two systems together using a PRI, I've got a couple old school clients still on this and it works great but the license to enable is in the thousands and honestly I'm not sure it will work for this scenario.

Interesting, how long ago?

On a POTs line the carrier advises you to do a Flash Hook....on a Norstar a flash hook is Link (Feature 71).
Disconnect Supervision required but only programmable on the POTs lines.

IP Office is much newer then Norstar and maybe why it has it?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I did not see Haws post but he has been trying since 2003 so he would know.
I think you are out of luck with Nortel systems.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Alright, appreciate the help Gents!

Have a great rest of your day!

yea back in early 2000 something I tried it with an MICS, & BCM50 on a DMS 100, 4ess & a 5ess but could not get it to work. I have been told you could do it with a BCM and SIP trunks but I have not tried that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back