Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS - Long Delay After User Dials Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBBreakpoint

Technical User
Jan 8, 2006
US
I'm convinced this is a carrier issue but need to get some ideas just in case.

Set up is that the carrier is providing a Cisco router with copper handoff lines. The lines are going into the MICS and on every phone are all ten lines.

The end users hit a line not in use which gives them direct access to the dialtone coming out of the cisco router handoff and they dial.

On 9 out of 10 lines they are getting a serious delay after they dial the number. On the primary line, line 1, they are not.

We've gone back to the carrier multiple times saying this is their issue but they are denying it and want a vendor meet.

Any ideas of what I should double check in the Norstar?

Thanks

Take the Norstar out of the equation for testing. Go straight to the CISCO’s dial tone with an Analog phone or a Butt Set and make a call from there to if the delay is there. I have to do that quite often around here when customers use their cable providers for dial tone.

I agree, that says system or carrier right there.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I had the same system in place and made no changes when they moved from a ADTRAN router with copper hand off to this Cisco one so I'm pretty damn sure it's not me.

The only thing I could think of was the DTMF or something along those lines with the new carrier's box.

There is a delay longer through the MICS then off the 66 block. About 3 seconds off the block and about 6-7 through the phones

Any ideas of what it could be?

The problem I'm seeing is really strange:

Line 1 has no extra delay but lines 2-10 all have the longer delay.

I checked the line programming and they are all the same.

I moved the cross connect from line 1 to line six and vice-versa and I'm still getting the short delay on line 1 and 6-7 seconds on line 6.

So it's not the incoming lines.

Any ideas?

Turns out the block was mislabeled. The issue WAS with the telco. Geez...

The caller ID was set for all lines to be the main number so till I started pulling details of the block position from the carrier I had been looking at the wrong line.

LOL!

thanks for the update let us know how it goes when you tell them...good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back