Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS, How to program a Target line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayBob

Vendor
Nov 24, 2008
US
I am needing to program a # to a target line on a MICS with a T-1 that is working already. They have 15 channels open.
I need to assign the line on a button at the attendents set to ring. Need help.

What s/w release? Pick the next available target line, program the received digits, assign to set.

I have found out they have a channelized T-1 with a T-1 module in the system. The module is a Rel.11

gotta be real careful here. are you refering to DID numbers coming in off of the T1 or has the T1 been set up so each channel serves a specific purpose. in the case of DID's see above 2nd post and assign the number to the next target line. if the individual channel is what you are looking for you can assign the channel just like other trunks but the telco needs to know if you are looking at i/o trunks or just DID trunks.

a local brewery here has a T1 with channels 1-10 as DID 11-20 as outgoing and (for some unknown to me reason) 11-20 are also answered by main reception phone, and 21-24 are answered by voicemail call center software.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Just to refresh you on this problem, I have a t-1 with 15 channels. I have 15 #'s coming down the t-1. customer is wanting to use 12-14 at the attendent station and transfer the call to a group of 3 sets to ring. Can I do this with a R1/T1?

Are you refering to DID numbers coming in off of the T1 or has the T1 been set up so each channel serves a specific purpose. in the case of DID's see above 2nd post and assign the number to the next target line. if the individual channel is what you are looking for you can assign the channel just like other trunks but the telco needs to know if you are looking at i/o trunks or just DID trunks.

do you have a specific phone number assigned to channel 12, if so you can assign that channel (probably line 12) to appear and ring on a phone. I would assign it and then Test, test, test.

Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back