Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS call forward (broadcast) to several DNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevew11

Technical User
Mar 12, 2012
US
Hi,

The call is routed to an extension first. Then the company wants to broadcast the caller to several extensions if the first extension does not pickup.

Is there a way to get this done?

Thanks,

What software do you have? Set up the main dn then forward to a hunt group.

You don't even have to waste the FNA of the phone. Use two HGs or set the Prime for the line to a hunt group that broadcasts to the sets you want.

Of course you need 4.1 software or higher.

Marv

Stevew11 I received your voice mail message. Sorry I do not provide one on one phone help of the kind you are looking for. I suggest you hire a professional Norstar technician in your area.

Marv

What I need is to receive the call to one extension. When no one on that extension picks up the call, then the call is broadcasted to other like 4 extensions.

How this can be done?

Thanks,

Steve

allworxguy,

Thank you.

It is OK you don't provide one on one phone help.

I thought this might not be a big issue. Tried to see anyone can point to the right direction for me. Then if needed I will call local pro.

Thanks,

Steve

Do you have access passwords to the config programming?
Do you know how to navigate the programming?
If not call a tech in to do and or train or read the manual.

If you do know the above then go to systemprogramming/HuntGroups
Add members of choice
Set FNA in Capabilities to the DN of the Huntgroup.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

curlycord,

Thanks,

I know programming. I already did what you said. But for some reason the call didn't get forwarded to those extensions assigned to the HG1 (x290).

Thank you.

Steve

2XX/Capabilites/FNA/enter HG DN 290/set ring count

HG/290
Members: XXX,XXX,XXX Appear and Ring or Ring Only

To test call 2XX, if still not working then call 290 and see if members sets ring.
Calling 290 will at least tell you the hunt group works.
Calling 2XX will tell you if issue with forwarding.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

curlycord,

Thanks,

I made it work last night. Same procedure as yours. The call can be broadcasted to all extensions.

My issue now is: it rings only twice on all extensions and then it goes back to the extension's voicemail.

(If I call x290 (HG1), it can ring on all extensions until someone picks up).

How can I just let it ring until someone picks up?

Thanks,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back