Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS 4.1 PRI Conference Call Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

peedub

Vendor
Feb 24, 2004
US
I have a customer with a Norstar MICS 4.1. They recently moved to a PRI and now they cannot be heard on conference calls. Whenever anyone is on a conference call the second and 3rd party cannot hear the original caller. We have analog lines in the system as well and they work fine with conference calling.

there were alot of issues for pri on 4.0 and 4.1 i would upgrade to at least 5.0 and go from there.

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

Same with 5.0 I have heard of phones not ringing when a call comes in over the PRI. If you are going to upgrade go on up to 6.1. I believe the conference problem has somthing to do with the switch you are connected to.

I would suggest to bring the software up to the latest 6.1..Make sure when you do this that the voicemail get upgraded also..

Archie

Has anyone proven that ver. 6.1 fixes this conferencing issue with PRI lines? I am running 4.1 and getting the exact same issue, second and third caller can not hear first, but first can hear all callers. I will have to upgrade vmail (NAM) if 6.1 is required, so don't want to spend the $$$ if the problem will still be there.

I have the same problem with one of my customers. Will, or did the upgrade to 6.1 work to fix this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back