Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Meridian DN / DID ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwerlls

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2005
US
I am using an older Norstar Meridian system and am used to using the **266344 method of programming my phones.. I had a working 340-2280 number with DN 628 / Target line 255 / DID 255. Set the Vmail Bx# to 626 and all works fine. Did the same with 340-2270 with DN 625 / Target Line 245 / DID 245. Set the vmail to 625. This unit onyl works internally. Calls from outside to the 340-2270 # go to and internally generated message saying "this number is not in service" ... Again, if dialed internally, all works as should.. Vendor seems bamboozeld too...
Dave W

sorry that is pointed to vmail box 628, not 626...

Roger that.. TL 245 is set to appr & Ring at DN625

When you say the unit works internally, are you making an intercom call to Ext.245?
Also when you dial this outside number 340-2270, does it blink on the phone?
The message you are getting is not a Norstar message, if it is in fact saying what you say it's saying.
Gabriel

Gabriel, Thanks for the post... No, for the internal call to 340-2270, I am making a call to ext 625, 7208 unit picks up after 3 rings and goes to vmail. When I use a cell phone or outside line to try 340-2270, I get a "sorry, that number is not in service"... The voice on the message is the old tcom admin guy gone now for three plus years. The phone itself flashes "not in service

One thing to check is to make sure the prime set for the DID line is set for that one extention where the DID line is supposed to ring.

Thanks All... I figured it out... The message "out of service" was an internally generated one, so I went voice mailbox hunting..Found a mis-labeled VM box whose message was "out of service".. Found out the VM DN, went to Terminals & Sets and removed the line from the "out of service" DN...Works like a champ now....

Thanks again...DLW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back