Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Meridian - Dial 9 without hitting intercom/handfree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2005
US
I had a Meridian M8X24-DS drop on me a few months ago. I replaced it and programmed all of the extensions back and things seem to be pretty good. However, there are a few custom configs that I hope someone knows something about.

I have a user that tells me that before he could just hit the number 9 to get an outside line. This is without picking up the handset or hitting the intercom/handsfree button. I played around a bit with the handsfree options under 'Capabilities' but I can't seem to get this to work as he is describing.

Anyone have any idea? Appreciate it much.

Set the extn to---Automatic dial..

It's probably set to standard dial as default which requires you to press a button.

Usually set under preferences ...

How to dial 9 for outside line on 8X24

Line Access\2XX\Prime Line should equal Pool A

Liness\00X Should be in pool A for each line

Access Codes pool A should = 9 (or use Dest Code and Route)

Now on the newer CICS MICS or BCM you have Automatic dial to program too which allows you to just start dialing but this is an 8X24 so not sure how that was made possible.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

That's the tricky thing. This is an older system. DR5 is the card. I don't think it has the auto-dial feature.

Hmmm.

Press feature *82. Then press # to select automatic dial

Press feature *82. Then press # to select automatic dial"

Thank you! This is the ticket!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back