Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar M7324 + Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpala03

Technical User
Apr 12, 2008
My office has Nortel Norstar M7324 phones.

I'm trying to make Caller ID work on this phone. We have CID on 3/7 of the incoming lines but it does not display until you pick up the receiver. I did read of the Feature + 811 trick in the system coordinator guide. It does work.

Here's the catch. Before this phone system moved into the current room the CID info displayed without keying a feature code or picking up the receiver. Is there a way to change a setting to allow the CID to display previous to lifting the receiver without keying a feature code?

Let me know if you need more information and I'll try to obtain it. I'm by no means a phone tech but, I'll try to get whatever information you need.

Thanks.

Does the line still appear & ring on the set? Are u letting it ring at least 2x?

Yes, letting it ring 2x. Once we pick up the receiver, the number displays.

As I said, I'm not phone tech. I don't know how to find out.

How do I find out which version it is?

The first thing you're going to want to ensure, is that the lines are ringing on the specific set you want the CLID to appear on. If it's ringing on a nearby set, and you're pressing the line to answer, then you won't see the info until you pick it up.

All the programming is under f**266344, pswd, Terminals&Sets.

If the lines are ringing at that set, goto Telco Features, and make sure Caller ID is enabled for those lines.

Sorry to jump in into this thread by I have a very similar problem.

Except that on my CICS 7.1 I don't get no caller ID data but only "Line001 Transfer" or Line002 etc...

Does anyone have any idea how to display the caller ID? I have it enabled for each set under telco.

Currently the phones are answered by the AA and we are using call pilot.

Any tips are appreciated.
Thanks.

If your incoming lines are analog, you need to backup the AA to two rings, and make sure your paying and receiving CLID.

Adversity is Opportunity

The calls are indeed ringing to this phone. I am not picking up a line from somewhere else. As soon as I pick up, the information is displayed. I'd like it to display before picking up without punching the F811 in...

I do not know how to get that. If someone could tell me how to get it... I'd gladly try. :)

Is it MICS or CICS, and on both the PCMIA card, inside the cover, and on it's side, will say 4.0 thru 7.1. Hopefully for you.

Adversity is Opportunity

Pimpala03- Refer to the last part of my previous post- Telco features, and make sure Caller ID is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back