Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar lines in use 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinecure

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
US
I have a Nortel Norstar Modular ICS with 5 additional modules using T7316E phones. Is there any way to get a listing of which lines on each module has a device attached? Thanks in advance.

go into maintenance port dn statas
show port 301-316 0r 0301-0316 / 401 -416 or 0401- 0416 etc.
you might have to press device afterwards

Or press feature *0 then intercom button then # that will give you the port the phone is on

Perfect, thanks!

Our extensions run 5401-5499. When I press "State" it shows either Busy or Idle. Is it safe to assume when I run across a port that shows a 22nn number, and the State of the device is "Unequipped" that this is a port with no device attached?

@ show port just hit next and it will start with the first port
it will show you what type of phone and ext.
newer software, you will have to press device if you want to see what type of phone is connected to that port if not just press next and it shows ext only

If you go into Module status and show modules it will save you a little time maybe too.
In other words if it shows 16 sets on Module 3 then no sense going to each port (301-316) to see if a set is connected when all 16 are in fact connected.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back