Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar ICS 3 AA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToothTK22

Technical User
Feb 7, 2013
CA
For the life of me I am not getting it. I am trying to have my 4 main lines (they roll over to each other through the telephone company with one main number) go directly to the Auto Attendant. Right now they just have a line key for each on all of the phones. I can send it to the AA right away, this is not the problem, but am having trouble sending it back to multiple phones from the AA so unlike when I just have the line keys ring and everyone hears it or not as per the key, I can only see how to transfer back to only one extension in the option of the AA. In one of the options I would like to ring 5 extensions, the other option to ring 3 phones so that the different areas stop having to answer the others calls (ie restaurant phones and main building phones). This system is a bit old and does not have the hunt group ability. Any help would be great as this is way easier on the Mitel and Nortel CS1000 systems that I am familiar with. Thank you.

Use the answer Dn feature. The aa would direct callers to one extension (say 21) and then you have multiple answer dns of ext 21 on multiple phones. they should all ring. please try it.

TIP
If you program Answer DN key on those 5 sets then note if you call 221 internally then all 5 sets will ring.....Answer DN cannot distinguish internal to external calls.
The work around for that (if a problem) is to point AA and/or CCR to an unused port/DN say X234 then put 234 as the Answer DN key on the 5 sets.
If no spare port then maybe use a courtesy phone and turns its volume way down.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you both. I was thinking that curlycord and will do that with a general number and then can give it a general mailbox that they will have to monitor and can use for when they do not answer as the AA used to come up after, when no one answered with like 8 options to the different extensions to try and get them to the right spot and personal voicemails. Now I can have a general one.
Thank you again jsaad and curlycord for both of your help and I will report back when I try this next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back