Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar flash voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyduc

Vendor
Feb 5, 2003
US
I recently reinstalled a flash VM and after reanitializing it the power was lost. when the power came back on the default admin password was "not allowed",and trying to reset the system manager password did nothing. What can I do to log into the system again?

When you do a F983 does it say password or log. If it says log then the system has been defaulted then you should use config just like a new install. If it says Log then you might have to go in a reset the system password for the flash.

Hope this helps, Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

Sorry if it says password then it has been defaulted. Log the password has been changed. Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

it does say log, and the system manager password has been reset, however when applying the defualt pswd it reads
"not allowed". usually if the pswd is bad it will read ïnvalid password"
-i have tried every default pswd known to the norstar community and have reset the system manager pswd five times...even powered down and then powered back up the system

If it says log the default log for a 3 digit system is 102000. For a 4 digit system them it would be 1002000. If niether of those works let me know and I will send you a doc on how to default the password.

Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

email me directly and I will send you the doc on how to default it. Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

Let me ask you are using 7310 or 7324 phone or a small 7208 phone,if using a small phone it will say not allowed.I saw this problem before but not on the flash on the NAM and the problem with the hard drive.(it was working and the customer did the reinstall,but the power shut off in the middle,when it comes back and it gives the not allowed ) .I had to change the hard drive.I hope its not in your case.

Good Luck.

Is this a 2 or 4 port Flash? If it is a 4 port you can remove the 4 port expansion ( without power to Flash, of course). Power the Flash up without it, as a 2 port and try to get in this way. This will DEFAULT the Flash. Once it comes up, you'll need to power it down again to put the 4 port expansion back in. Power it up again and you should be good to go, you'll have to reprogram the Flash, but this does work I've had to do this before.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back