Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Flash Voicemail Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prmurray

Technical User
Dec 19, 2002
BS
I cannot figure out my flash voice mail feature codes. Even the feature code to find out the feature codes does not work. I think they have been changed from default. Is there any way to figure out the feature codes? I have it wokring with a Modular ICS 1.1
I really need to get the voicemail working properly. Please help!!!

Use F**XFTEST (398378) then your Config password. This will allow you list all of the active feature codes, and test them to see if they are active or not. Is the Flash a brand new install? Did you use F903 to choose the Feature code range? If the Flash has been in use but won't run, power it down, test and remove all of the 900 feature codes, and then reboot the Flash.

I tried that and the only features are:

905, 906, 907, 910, 911, 912

The system is already installed but the last technician left on bad terms and won't give up any information on it

These codes work as follows(or I saw them written like this somewhere)

905 FDN, 906 Transfer, 907 Interupt, 910 Leave Message, 911 Open mailbox, 912 Operation Status

Power down one more time, power up again. Let it run a good 5 minutes then try a F903 first. It should tell you your feature code range. Just say okay to it. Then do a F983. It might ask you for password instead of log. It is looking for 266344. Run through your configuration. Usually you just say ok or next to everything and let it set up.
Then you can do the normal feature 983 and log in as usual.
If that does not work try F**XFTEST to see if the Feature codes are there. Then do F 9*1 or F903.

Good Luck!!

Powered down again and let run it run for 5 min and the only feature codes that show are the origional ones.

does the voice mail answer if you dial the port directly? Maybe it lost the programming Does F903 work if the ports answer. If it does you lost all programming of the vm If it does not answer verify that the port still works with a keyset. Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

1st do those feature codes work? I'm assuming not, do your xftest again test those features and remove them if needed. power down the vmail then power back up and test with f983 after about 5 minutes.

Those feature codes work and when I remove them and power down they automatically appear when in comes back up. The ports work I plugged a phone into them and it activates. I can dial the port.

What happens when you do a F903? If it gives yuo a feature range then your feature code range for the flash is not installed. Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

When I do F903 it says "inactive feature".

Well then what feature codes do you have displayed when you do the XFTEST, those are your feature codes. Sounds like your going to have to play around with them a little to find out which one does what, if they aren't the default codes.
Good Luck

Correct me if I am wrong but your voice mail has been installed with the "low range" feature codes. There is nothing wrong with this other than getting used to a new range. I don't believe there is a way to change to "high range" without losing all of your mailbox data. If you only have 905,906,907,910,911,912 I think you are missing one 913? = 983 (I think that is it) for administrative programming. If you don't mind losing all your data, power down the flash and pull the 4 port expansion cartrige (if you have one) and power up. wait untill f 903 works power down again and reinstall your 4 port cartrige. This will set your flash back to default and you will have to set everything up from scratch. If you don't have a 4 port cartrige and are feeling brave, you could pull the flash apart and short the pins on the battery that holds the memory. The battery is the size of five quarters stacked. Only do this if you can't get into admistrative programing!

I tried F913 and it askes for LOG:
I am not sure what to do from here. I don't really want to power down the system. Maybe as a last resort.

120000,(for two digit extentions) 1020000, (for three)10020000, (4) and you should be into administrative programming. 1,=pswd 9, gives system version somewhere around the middle 3, 4, 5, 33,44,55 etc should give you install options (not reset, that is 1.) cast around and see what you find and maybe someone else will chime in with the exact number to press. Unfortunatlly I don't have a manual in front of me to post more numbers. It sounds like your voicemail is working (normally) but with the feature codes in low range. I don't know if this is something you can change without having to do a restart and reprogram.
Best of luck...

I think the password may have been changed. Is there a way to reset it?

Try this, then the password will be back to default

1. From a display phone, press FEATURE 985 or the equivalent in the lower range 915 I believe.
2. When the DN number is presented press 9
3. At this time you will be prompted for a LOG in. The password will be in numeric characters and will be resetsmpswd (73738767793)
4. At this time your password will be back to default. 5. Now you can access the administrator box by pressing FEATURE 913 and then your System Coordinator mail box number and the password. Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

Thanks so much. It Worked! Everyone has been such a great help!

How does one set the feature codes to the low range when reseting the voice mail?

-Wayne

While doing the first step of install, Feature 9 0 3, you can press change to change the range to the range you want to use. the book says that you would have to re-install if the system is already installed. you may be able to disable the range and then do feat 9 0 3 with Feature * * 9 3 8 3 7 8 (**XFTEST), I'll let someone who has actually done this tell you if it will work or not. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back