Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar end of sale announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

biv343

Systems Engineer
Apr 14, 2005
US
End of Sale Notice
Notification Date: May 5, 2010
Effective Date: October 4, 2010
Subject: End of New System Sales – Norstar 3x8,
CICS, MICS, and Call Pilot 100/150
Region: Global
Summary
Due to higher than expected demand and earlier than anticipated component obsolescence,
Avaya must announce the End-of-Sale (EoS) for new systems of Norstar 3x8, CICS, MICS, and
Call Pilot 100/150 products, effective October 4, 2010.
Products required to upgrade or expand systems by adding terminals, line cards, modules and
authorization codes will continue to be offered for another three (3) years to October 4, 2013.
Note that this EoS announcement does not affect Avaya Business Communications
Manager (BCM) or any other heritage Nortel products. The BCM solution will continue to be
sold both as a standalone or a SRG branch solution.
Transition Summary
• Effective October 4, 2010, the codes listed in the Discontinued Order Codes section of this
document will be withdrawn from sale
• Subject to availability, the latest date for orders to be placed for these products is October 4,
2010. Thereafter, these codes will be removed from price lists and associated order entry
systems. Stock will be reserved to meet requirements for warranty returns and repairs.
• Marketing collateral and web-site / portal content will be modified to reflect this product
transition
• Avaya will provide hardware and software Manufacturer’s Support, including technical
support, repairs, bug fixes, upgrades, and expansions, for three (3) years (October 4, 2013)
after the EoS date on all products identified in the Discontinued Order Codes section of this
document.
• Avaya will further provide hardware and software Extended Services Support, including
technical support, repairs, for three (3) years (October 4, 2016) after the Manufacturer’s support period

I had to comment on this-it is very sad, the ICS was an excellent platform. Sad to see it go.

Best key system ever made! (IMHO)

I second that!

So what will you be selling now? BCM training is expensive for a product with an uncertain future.

They probably had to get rid of it because it worked great, set it and forget about it!!!!!!!!

Where did you get this info? I looked on Avaya's site and could not find anything. I would like to read more about it.

Wayne T

I think there will still be some Norstars on the wall working 20 years from now!

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Man this sucks.....i love that platform !!!

glad i'm retiring in 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back