Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Door Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRWhitt

Technical User
May 27, 2005
US
Recently relocated office, had doorphone and DOC moved at the same time my Norstar was relocated. Doorphone works but my DOC will not open the door. Does anyone know the relationship (wiring) between the two devices? Do I need a second extension for the DOC?

You don’t need a second extension. If you are talking about a Norstar door phone they have a relay inside of them for connecting to external DOC equipment. There are actually 2 relays, so you need to know which one you were using before. Your best bet is going to be to call whoever hooked it up originally, or just find a vendor who is familiar with them.

1. Power 1and 2
2. Doc one side of the power connects directly,while the other connects through the relay contacts.
3. connect door strike lead to terminal 2 and install a wire connecting terminal to the relay common. term 5
4.for de-energized door strikes,connect the second strike lead to the normally open relay contact term 4
5. energized devices such as magnetic locks,connect the second leatd to normally closed contact term 6
6. connect doc to doorphone tem 7&8

You may hav to reprogram your door phone to open,timers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back