Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Compact Plus - Dial 9 line Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCPTS

Vendor
Sep 6, 2010
GB
Hi

Old Rel3 Compact Plus with 8 analogue lines. Works fine on extensions with 8 line keys.

But on basic extensions or in fact any extension that dials 9 for an outside line, it only picks up line 1. If line 1 is busy then 'No lines available' is displayed. It does not step over to a free line.

Tried setting prime line to line pools. Cannot find where lines are assigned to line pools either.

Thanks in advance

Done a bit of searching and it looks like lines need to be assigned to a line pool and dialing 9 only grabs line 1.

'Assign the trunk to Public, Private, or a choice of Line Pools'

But under lines/show I only see name or restrictions.

I can't see where to set line type as it is not under the lines section???

Line Pools are your problem it sounds like line 1 is in a Pool all by itself. You should find that under Line programming.

I agree that line 1 is probably in a pool by itself.

I have trawled through programming and under lines or anywhere else I cannot find the option for line type or line data.

Under Lines is only name and restrictions

That's because you are in admin programming, you need to be in config programming (tech side).
Are you a tech?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Lines, show, type line #, show, show, next. there is where you assign line pools. Press change.

Wayne T

It sounds as if you have a UK version?. The line pool data is displayed if you go and look under the CONFIG account.

Try page 27 in the file to obtain for more help.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back