Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

norstar cics r4

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstateny

Vendor
Aug 11, 2001
US
2 questions - 1 - how do i make an extension ring? 2 - how do i restrict an extension to local calls only - i cant find anything in the system admin guide about either of these options - thanks in advance

on a CICS go into terminal and sets enter the extension #( 221,222,etc )
go into lines and enter the line # 001,002.003,004,025,026,027, and or 028
scroll thru line appearance, Ring and so on.

Restrictions all extensions default into COS 2 change the COS to 1 on the ext you want and test. There is a feature that will allow you to call out on a restricted phones

Let us know if this works for you!!! Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

jeter - thank you - i can get into sets and get to ext # but cant get to lines from within that extension - to get to lines i have to back up in programming and go to option after terminals and sets which is lines - i am obviously doing something wrong - i have the admin guide but it doesnt get into it (at least not under lines or ringing) i didnt even get into COS but if that is referenced in the guide i dont see it either - can you direct me to the right pages or calirify your last post for me?
i am helping a friend out with a move of his system but the norstar doesnt seem to be intuitive like the att/lucent stuff - anyway thanks again for the help

do you have a # so that I can call to advise. email it to me

jeter@lasvegas.com Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back