Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar CICS 8 extension upgrade or replace w/ MICS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtcompute

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2007
US
I have client that I just moved to a bigger office and are short on ext's. They have a CICS 8x16 with flash 2. They need 21 ext's which will leave 3 for VM. Looking at prices it seems better (minus new programming time) to get used MCIS with 7.1 software than adding the 8x module and software. Looking fwd to any input.

Depends on version of Flash Mail (if it will be compatible) and how much you get the MICS and software for.

8x32 w/expandability beats 8x24 maxed out. Programming a system that size shouldn't take long.

-------------------
bodie

Looks to me you will have 1 or 2 spare ports.
1. How many channels is the Flash Vmail? open up and see if it has a cartidge at bottom that says 4.
2. What is the cost of the expansion card? $200-300?.

So if you have a 2 channel Flash Mail that will leave you with 2 spare ports, if you have 4 channel vmail that will leave you with 1 spare port.
Remember that 2 channels uses 1 port (A and B channels of the same port).
Either way for $200-300 you are good to go for bit then consider spending money on a new MICS bundle.
If the company is looking to expand the lines or sets within the next few months then consider the MICS bundle now....to save the $300?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back