Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Caller Id

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolagal985

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2013
US
Is there a way to have 2 lines of caller ID on phones that support it? Instead of just name OR # can you have name & number? I have T7316E phone but haven't found a way to do this yet? Can I upgrade to newer phones or is there some other programming I can do?

Nope it's name or number only. No update available.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

There is a feature called Call Information feature 811. While call is ringing press this feature to scroll thru all the call info.

Yes I know it shows one and then the other. Just spoiled. Had RCA phones in the office where it showed both and now we can only have one or the other at the same time. Just takes some getting used to. Any idea if they'll do an update in the future? Also, I didn't know about the F 811 DURING a call. I'll try that next time.

There will be no update. Norstar went EOL many years ago.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

You can upgrade your Norstar to a E - MetroTel system and it will provide both name and number CLID along with a boat load of other neat things Nortel never got around to doing.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Avaya/Nortel
Sales. Service. Installation

I looked up the Emetrotel system and I know you're supposed to be able to use the Nortel phones with it. Is there an Avaya system that I can use since they bought out Nortel? Would like to upgrade our system so we can have 2 lines of caller id and have easier programming functionality for holidays, lunches etc. without breaking the bank. If I can use our current phones that would be even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back