Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar call forward when account codes are used for long distance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joycew

Programmer
Nov 1, 2011
US
I have a client who uses 5 digit account codes for long distance calls. They have a PRI and want to forward phone to cell phone that is long distance. I have press call forward put in 9 + 1 + telephone number followed by # for pause, then account code - and it continues to tell me to put in account code. I have also tried using line redirect and same thing. I am thinking maybe routing needs to be set up and have tried this but nothing workds. The customer said they have done this before and it worked. Please Help

How are you getting the pauses (PP) in - There are no prompts for pause?

You may want to setup a route for this if you turn it on and off often.

i.e setup a route with dest code 8
Have the route dial 91XXX-XXX-XXXX#PPXXXXX

Just Feature 4 the set to 8

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thank you very much, your help is wonderful...I tried this and it did work partially - the caller hears please enter your account code and then it rings my cell - this is number I am forwarding to for testing purposes. I have tried using one, two and three F78's....any more advice??

With the routing - what would the absorb be? still just 1 for the 8?

Also, it is for when the whole office goes to a conference out of town and they want it to be transparent to people calling into DID's. There are several people with long distance cell phones so it would be various numbers and did's doing this at one time so I cant just f4 then 8.....I have worked on this for hours and really appreciate your help. Thanks, Joyce Widmayer

Yes that's a lot of routes, best just to print instructions in that case.
Wouldn't worry about asorb.

As for this Im confused....does it work or not work? if so what part does not work?:
"I tried this and it did work partially - the caller hears please enter your account code and then it rings my cell - this is number I am forwarding to for testing purposes. I have tried using one, two and three F78's....any more advice?? "

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

When you dial the office number you hear it ring 1 time and then you hear please enter your acct code then it stops then rings my cell phone - with the 2 pauses in you hear "please enter the"....just want it to forward to my cell without the "please enter" part - this is better than what I had before and I appreciate your help greatly. Thank you so much. Joyce Widmayer

Yes, I tried with one pause, 2 pauses and 3 pauses - the 2 seems to work best - you just hear part of the phrase

I don't think you're going to stop the caller from hearing the instructions. The # in the dialing string tells the CO you're finished dialing so it sends the digits on the PRI. Then your LD carrier kicks in. Fewr pauses will help.

Marv

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it. 2 pauses seems to get the call thru and you heard half the phrase so that is what I am telling client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back