Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Call Center Call Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

oncomm

Vendor
May 20, 2005
US
Has anybody ever been successful in getting the call reporting to work with the call center application on the call pilot 150. I did purchase and enter a key code for call reporting, but cannot get any detail reporting out of it.

I've been trying to get it working for 2 weeks now. One thing I can tell you is, do not install the client & server on the same machine. I will be working on this issue tomorrow morning and if I get it working, I will update this thread.

I understand the client/server thing as we were told previousely. I was also told that it had to run under Win98 without SP2 and no anti-virus software running. We set aside a seperate machine with Win98 - SP1 - not AV and still could not get it working

I was worng about Win98. Here is what I was told. (Pasted from an e-mail) Must use Windows XP Professional. You MUST NOT have SP2 loaded onto this machine - it is best to use an old PC that is to be used specifically for this purpose and does not auto update from Microsoft. Do not load any firewalls or virus software and assign a static ip address but do not input a gateway (this way it will not update)

I installed the latest Server & Client software, the latest Java & finally got "call center connection" to go to 100%. At that point I was able to connect to the call center BUT not pull data (because I skillset's do not show up to put an agent into). I then found a thread/post saying you must use Java 1.4.2 & when I did that, I now cannot connect to the call center. I have read every thread/post on this site with no luck. Also according to RCC guide Issue 02 (15), you must install Server before Client. You can use Windows XP & SP2, but you must do some configuring in the firewall. At this point, I would pay someone to come & fix this or at least help me over the phone. HELP!!

ptstechnician - did you get the reporting to work as a result? We were successful in connecting to the call center to configure, just not connecting for the reporting.
I did notice that Nortel has a installation manual for the reporting, but we have not been successful in logging into the site to get it.

At this point we would gladly pay someone to guide us, but we have been searching for quite a while for someone who knows it. I have spoke to a number of vendors across the country who are unaware of anyone who has gotten it working.

Now, since I changed the Java, nothing is working. I can't get the client to make a sucessful test to the call center & I can't get the server to connect to the call center. There have been posts/threads that say people have gotten this to work but I can't.

update I went to windows 2000 professional with service pack 4 I still had some problems I noticed my video drvers were not the right ones so I downloaded new ones and removed my call center apps server & client then reinstalled then I downloaded the newest java from and it worked fine.

Update (as well) - My IT guy noticed that the Sequal Server Service (sqlagent#nn_ccrs) was not running. It was set to manual and when started, Reporting for Call Center is finally working. Make sure this service is Automatic. To think a ton of people have this many problems with an application, you would think Microsoft made it.

Great - glad to hear. So you are getting call detail reporting inbound and outbound by agent? Also was it necessary to have a SMDR6 installed to compile the CLID info?

my question to all is
Did we read docs
Did we contact manufacturer"Nortel" and verify settings

nortel only supports it's software not microsoft or drver issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back