Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Applications module wont fully boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattleguy

Technical User
Jun 25, 2013
US
I am working on a Norstar Applications module NT5B74AABJ REL 07 MOD V3G fiber. With a MICS.
The company lost power to the building then when the power restored the Nam did not come back.
I have recycled the power several times...... it sounds like it is trying to boot up, power and fan runs strong but it only beeps once. I think that it is supposed to beep 3 times then play a short musical chime.
Does anyone know what just the one beep means? Is there a maintenance guide that explains the beeps and boot up? Is there anything that i can do by taking it apart? Does this mean it has a bad hard drive and all the mailboxes will be lost, ouch ! It does have a floppy drive but there is no floppy inside and i doubt it was ever backed up?
The customer is not happy and chewed on me pretty hard.
Thank you very much in advance.

Most likely the hard drive....BIOS cant find the boot file on the HD

What codes do you see on the little led display behind the front cover near bottom?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

it looks like 00. A bit weird though, instead of left to right they are sideways and up and down if that makes any sense?

Question: If operating correctly will this thing boot up and play the musical chime sitting on my bench not connected any phone system? Or does the fiber cable need to be connected so it see's the MICS? I brought it home to play with it since its currently out of service.
Is the mailbox's and messages recoverable through the floppy drive?
What to do now??

Thank you.

yes a sideways 00 :) but only one beep and no boot up or musical chime.

I hooked it back up to to the system and i still only get one beep and double zero's

Seattleguy,

I just got your voicemail, but it cut off just as you were leaving your phone number. It sounds like it might be a problem with the fiber connection. If the cable is good and securely plugged in, it could be the fiber card on the NAM has gone bad. If that's the case I would suggest replacing it with a Startalk Flash.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back