Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Application Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrock

MIS
Apr 21, 2003
US
The building took a power bump and the NAM and the Mics Rebooted. The Mics came back up but the NAM did not. I rebooted the NAM and the MICS. The MICS came up but the NAM did not. I did not hear the tones on the NAM and the display behind the door displays 00. On the monitor it shows the Operating system loading. It looks like the operating system loads OS2 Warp.

ITAS would have you connect a monitor to NAM and watch the bootup, does it come up or just loop? Also, if copper, plug a telephone into the Vmail jack and see if it comes up.

The NAM has a monitor,key board and mouse on it. It looks like the operating system comes up ok,but the NAM Application does not run.

You only need the monitor, after it boots up, what's in the monitor window?

Looking out the Maint. on the MICS, to the Vmail ports, do you see None or PCID?

The Nam Application does not load. I see the OS/2 system

Sorry, never seen that before. Last try, if it has serial port, try watching that on reboot.

you can really boot it all you want...if your not getting tones after a power cycle you have a bad NAM in some manner blive me...

Right. After 5-15 minutes you should hear several ascending beeps. If it's not doing that, you've got a hardware issue.

And as Dewey asked, when you log into telephone installer programming (f**config), under Maint/port dn status, is the device type of the vm dn showing PCID, or none? If it's none, you may want to check the fiber patch cord to ensure it's securely plugged in.

Thanks for everyones help. It looks like the Fiber card in the NA<M is bad.

With a monitor and keyboard on the NAM, I'm assuming there is ACD on the NAM?......ACD + mail? If it is a newer rls of ACD, you need to launch it from the OS/2 list (ACD MASTER). If the NAM is co-resident (ACD + mail), it is more likely a corrupted database that a fiber card........

Hi RROCK, your last response was that the fiber card was bad.. Was this in fact the case? We are having a similar intermittent problem where the NAM does not always reconnect.. I usually have to let it sit powered OFF for 10-15 minutes before restarting in order to get it to connect.

Thanks

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back