Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NORSTAR - Any Way To Busy Out A Specific Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBBreakpoint

Technical User
Jan 8, 2006
US
Got a weird request from an old client:

They have two lines (main and roll over line) and an old answering machine on the main line and the client wants people to get a busy signal if the answering machine is taking a message rather than rolling down to line 2.

Is there any way in a Norstar to busy out line 2 at night to achieve this? The only thing I can think of is installing a light switch to cross the pair physically.

as I said, weird request. I suggested just getting telco voicemail and don't worry about this but he didn't want to give up the answering machine.

thanks!

There is nothing in programming to busy out a line.

How about getting a Norstar Voice Mail which are fairly cheap now.

With those 2 options I would not waste another second on this.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

why not just install another answering machine on line 2

Both good suggestions and ones I've thought of myself and I also didn't think there was any way to do this in a Norstar, they're too smart to let a line stay off hook like that.

I'm going to suggest to the client these suggestions and let him make up his mind to do something or nothing.

Thanks!

Do you know version of KSU software? that makes a big difference if it will handle voice mail (Disconnect Supervision required)and which model to quote on... Mini, Flash or Callpilot.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

This unit is call pilot capable but these folks won't spring for Caller ID cards when their employees are begging for it.

Thanks for the suggestions

Callpilot is the more expensive one, if you knew what software level the KSU is then you might be able to get the Flash or Mini for dirt cheap and if still they do not want to spend money then too bad.
I walk away from clients like this who want everything but do not want to pay, they waste my precious time and give me more grey hairs.

I will never understand why somebody wants to use and old answering machine.....like never!

[tongue]

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back