Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar ANI questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
a couple of Norstar questions:

1) will ANI be transferred via PRI (assuming it is ordered) before the phone is answered or after.

2) will the automated attendant have to answer after 1 ring to allow ANI to be transmitted (like caller id)

3) will the automated attendant (CP100) pass ANI to the extension the caller dials?

4) can ANI or caller ID be presented to a phone with Answer DN appearance? (and before or after the call is answered)

thanks

the ANI info comes on the D channel (ch 24) not on the voice channels and it gets to the Norstar at 56KBS instead of at the 2400BPS that CID is sent. for all inttents and purposes the data of ANI is already at your telephone/AA before you hear the first ring.

the AA will pass the data

I am not sure about answer Dn appearance but i think that if the phone is ringing then the data is displayed.

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

You don't get pre-answer CLID on answer DN because the display is busy telling you its an answer DN that's ringing.

if you are at 6.x ...you can make target lines ring on multiple sets AND get CLID on both the sets

as jerry and marv said ..answerDN is a no

will ANI show up on a phone that is off hook on another a call and receives a second call via a spare intercom appearance?

And just to clarify, ANI and CLID are two different information elements. If your PRI is from a long distance carrier, you'll have to find out from them whether they are passing CLID or ANI, if you expect calls from any kind of service other than POTS.

SO will ANI show up on a phone that is off hook on another a call and receives a second call via a spare intercom appearance?

if you mean callerID on call waiting ...the answer is a NO

I think Jsaad means a 2nd call on a separate trunk, not actual call waiting from telco. (i.e. if user is on their first intercom appearance, and the 2nd one rings, will the CallerID display while the 2nd intercom appearance rings?) Unfortunately, I don't know the answer, and don't have access to a system with CID to test.

i meant callerID, with callwaiting on the set - if you are busy on a call, then the second call coming in doesnt display callerID in advance

I belive caller id on a second line (target or?) was an upgrade with 6.1 Please correct me if I'm wrong....

I get caller ID on a second intercom line while talking on first intercom line on a 1MB phone line setup. that is if the second call is transfered from the AA. I am not set up to answer for direct ringing caller id calls.

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

well the customer wants to know if he will see the caller id (whether it be ANI or CLID...the T1 has not been ordered yet) on an incoming call if he is already on the phone. I anticipate that we are going to have a T1 E&M with ANI and target lines. AA will answer all calls.

I'm hoping the answer is yes, you will see the caller's number on your display for an incoming call even if you are already on the phone.

I don't have a T1 to test with.

Okay, well now that you've explained what you're trying to do--I don't think it's going to work quite the way you want it. Take a look at thread799-649126 for reference. On a plain T1, you're not actually getting CallerID, you're getting ANI. Typically it's delivered by the carrier as *ani*dnis* to the customer equipment. Based on that thread, I think it will work, but you should be aware that you will NOT get name. Again, your carrier will have to tell you if they can provide ANI or CLID in that format. I don't remember how touch tone receivers work on a Norstar, but you should keep in mind that having an E&M T1 with more than DNIS digits will require more touch tone receiver resources, as each one will be occupied longer to receive the DNIS and ANI digits.

Also, on a non-PRI t1, your outbound callerID can only be a single number, as programmed by your carrier, if they can support it.

I apologize as my question may not be 100% related, but I want to clarify that on a non -PRI T1 I should be able to recieveDNIS and ANI? Correct. If memory serves me, I should be able to get ANI.

I think your telco carrier could answer this question. Telcos differ from country to country and so do their capabilities.

OK. Thanks for your reply. The teleco is AT&T in the US. I have a call in to them but have not heard back. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back