Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar and Engenius

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitelD

Vendor
Mar 21, 2006
US
Has anyone used Engenius phones with a MICS? I understand that they need analog ports to work. Do they work well and are they easy to use?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Yes they work well, you will need to centralize the base for better coverage, they are pricey.

In my opinion they are the best analog sets available, Engenuis Durafon series is all I sell....I recommend them over Nortel's own cordless phones, except the older companion.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

The customer has a DMC currently but doesn't get good coverage. We have tried several things but nothing has worked.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

I need 5 handsets, each having their own extension. Do I need the Durafon Pro for this?

NCSS, ATSP/IP

They discontinued the 4x several months ago, the Pro is what they should recommend.

And if you need "super range", add an external antenna. I have one at a school bus garage and they get signal 2 miles away at the High School.

they work well but you have to train the client to use the feature codes for the ata the speed dials work well for this
also you may have to change the hookflash timing

mike

The Dmc should have good coverage if you have enough base stations or repeaters and is friendlier operation than the Engenious, as it acts just like a norstar set.
The engenious is like a cordless phone on steroids.
They have great range but not as easy to use the features, altho you can program most of the ones you need.
I find for most purposes the T7406E is the easiest to install and has pretty good range if the base unit is installed in a good central location.
I have a couple 7406Es working in a big box stores and they have no dead areas inside and some service outside if you are not too far from the building which is all metal.
I have a DMC working at another ,but it requires a few base stations and repeaters inside and a couple repeaters outside it covers the whole lumber yard .The big problem is they don't have a weatherproof repeater for outdoor use. I built a couple of small boxes using fiberglass and epoxy to put them in and have had no trouble for about 3 years.I tried using a plastic electrical 6x6 box but it just killed the RF.

also they are not cheap$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back