Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 8x24 with a Applications Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilsr

Vendor
Nov 22, 2003
US
This customer answers for everyone in the building Icall this application tenant service, during the day the receptionist answers all calls and then transfers them to the correct party, at night she just touches the night service key and everything works just fine, I have been told by this receptionist that if she did not pick up the phone during the day after x amount of rings the calls would go to the proper voice mail box extension, I checked the ringing assignments for all those extensions and noticed that no ring was assigned to all phones in question during the day, I want to believe this customer but I don't see how it would answer with the correct mailbox if the phones are not ringing during the day, am I missing something or does this receptionist really know what she is talking about.

She may be right depending on how the system is set up. Which Norstar are we talking about and what version? Which vmail system and version? Have you checked hunt groups to see if lines or mailboxes were assigned to them? Are we talking about DID calls on PRI?

Phonehed in Dallas

Does each individual company have it's own line or DID? If so then perhaps they have the prime set for each line programmed to be an extension in the appropriate company. That dummy extension has a mailbox on it. Then set the DRT delay to X amount of rings.

Just what I came up with .....

MRoberts

No Pri on this one also no DID'S strictly pots lines, this is a old copper 8x24 with apps module, I believe it is 4.0, what I can see is if I make the lines ring on the tenant phones the voice mail box to the extension answers correctly, when I removed the ringing the main attendant greeting answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back