Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 0x32 no dial any number in loop trunks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mksanchez

Programmer
Aug 7, 2006
MX

Hi, I have a custumer with a Norstar 0x32 with PRI lines (works fine)but now, he want to install 2 VoIP lines , in a LOOP Cartridge, the lines works fine outside of the system , but when you conect in the PBX , you can't dial any number , only hear the dial tone , i try with other conventional line (no VoIP) , other cartridge and is the same ,

Any idea?

I got ya Jerry thanks.
Actualy I was presumimng it works but it would be another good test, to call another companies voice mail and see if the digits work in their CCR.

Rik I think he means ATA as in the analog ports from the viop box, not Norstar ATA.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Exactly curlycord, the line is a Analog tone from a one ATA (like Vonage)no Norstar ATA2 , and I use the slot number 3 in the 0x32 , and the system have one 12x0 , i try also in one slot of 12x0 , i can take the line , but the system no dial nothing

Also i try with other cartridge of trunks and other power supply of 0x32

Understood, curly. ATA isn't a proprietary acronym of nortel, but when someone says they're testing at the ATA, do they mean an analog station, or the effective demarc? That's what's frustrating.

mksanchez- I know you've tried swapping the card configuration, and tested good at the "demarc", but I just want to clarify that it's not a wiring issue, and that we're troubleshooting the right line.

What colored pair do you have the line connected to on your CO block? Have you tested the line with a butt set at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back