Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 0x32 add/delete NPA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasitek

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
US
I've been asked to add a bunch of NPA's to a Norstar 0x32 Rls.4. I'm a Nortel Merdian Option person and know all about BARS/NARS. But on a Norstar? I've installed plenty of them, but never had a request like this. Help somebody.

THERE IS NO PLACE YOU ADD NPA, YOU ABLE TO DIAL ALL UNLESS YOU HAVE THEM IN SOME RESTRICT FILTERS OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Couldn't find where to do this anywhere in programing. told customer it couldn't be done. I think if it could he needs newer stuff. thanks everyone

NPA is "Numbering Plan Area" what most of North America calls "Area Code" I do not think there is anywere unless you are using either restrictions or a fairly fancy routing codes (not likely)

What happens if you dial the new area codes? are you getting a display message such as "restricted call" or hearing a voice announcement "the number etc etc."? JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

quasitek,
As Jerryreeve states, there should be no restrictions on the NPA on any version of Norstar unless dialing filters have been set up for sets or lines and/or there are special dialing routes set up. You do not need to specify to 'alow' in Norstar... usually you specify to 'restrict' where dialing out is concerned.

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back